Brad Pitt became a sex symbol more than a quarter of a century ago, playing in the film “Interview with the Vampire”, and still remains in this status, despite the fact that recently he prefers to produce films, rather than act in them – this is, by the way, it upsets many of his fans.
10 facts about Brad Pitt
1. Quit school shortly before graduation. Brad Pitt studied journalism in his youth at the University of Missouri. He had good grades, but two weeks before graduation, Brad left for Hollywood. He decided that he was not ready to work in his specialty and wanted to become an actor. Later in an interview, Pitt said that he regrets the act.
2. Was a stripper driver. Prior to becoming an actor, Pitt made a living as a limousine driver and delivered strippers. In one of the interviews, Brad said that his job was to bring girls to parties and take them back, put on music for performances and pick up clothes for strippers. According to Pitt, observing the performance of the dancers prepared him for a career in acting.
3. Not able to remember the face of the interlocutor. In an interview, Pitt said that he suffers from prosopagnosia, a disorder that makes it difficult to remember the faces of other people. Brad claims that no matter how long a conversation with a person lasts, he forgets his face as soon as they part. As a result, people who do not know about his problems take offense at Pitt. This is how he earned a reputation for being selfish and conceited.
Read More: Fresh New Article
4. Started taking acting lessons after unsuccessful auditions. In an interview, Brad said that he was confident in his own talent and agreed with the casting agency to cooperate without a contract. Pitt was looking for roles to see if cooperation with a novice performer has prospects. In the late 1980s, Brad Pitt’s filmography could be replenished with The Accused. After the trial, the actor called to find out the result, but the agent did not want to talk to him. The compassionate assistant advised him to consider acting lessons. According to Brad, after the conversation, he was in a stupor for a long time and was thinking about leaving his acting career.
5. The film “Interview with the Vampire” negatively affected the mental health of the actor. The painting “Interview with the Vampire” (1994) was a success and took Pitt’s career to a new level. But the actor in an interview called the picture a disappointment. He said that filming lasted three months at night, which negatively affected his psyche. As Brad Pitt admitted, the movie disappointed him that it was different from the book. In the work, his hero is a guy who is trying to understand what his nature is, whether it is divine or devilish. In the tape, Louis de Pont du Lac is a whiny character who serves only to reveal the image of Lestat.
6. Produces the most expensive rose wine in the world. In 2011, a couple of Pitt and Jolie purchased the Chateau Miraval estate in France for $ 67 million with olive groves and vineyards. The Chateau produces organic olive oil and rose wine. In the summer of 2019, Muse de Miraval wine from the winery owned by the actors was sold at auction for € 2,600, becoming the most expensive rosé wine in the world.
Read More: Fresh New Article
7. The most beautiful, successful and sexy. Films with Brad Pitt in the title role have been a success with audiences since the mid-1990s. The actor was included in various lists of famous magazines. In 1995 he was # 23 on the list of 100 sexiest stars in film history and # 32 on the Empire’s 1997 Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time. He was included in the list of the 50 most beautiful people in the world, compiled by the American magazine People. He was the sixth in the list of 15 sexiest men by the French edition of Elle in 2007. He was named in the list of 50 Greatest Stars of All Time, compiled by Premier magazine in 2005. Ranked 10th in the Forbes Top 100 Successful Celebrities of 2008. Angelina Jolie was third in the same list.
8. I have been waiting for the Oscar for over 20 years. The performer has an impressive filmography. Brad Pitt, according to IMDb, starred in eight dozen tapes. The first time he was nominated for an Oscar was in 1996 for Best Supporting Actor for his work in the film 12 Monkeys. Twice he could become the owner of the main film award of the world as the best actor for the films “The Mysterious Story of Benjamin Button” (2008) and “The Man Who Changed Everything” (2011). Only in 2020, members of the Film Academy recognized him as the best supporting actor. The prize was brought to him by the painting “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” (2019).
9. Successful producer. Pitt is known not only as an actor, but also as a film producer. According to the IMDb dossier, in this capacity he participated in the creation of fifty paintings. Films with Brad Pitt as a producer received Academy recognition. Thus, the film “12 Years of Slavery” (2013) received three Oscars. IMDb ranked her 203rd in the top 250 best paintings. The Selling Game (2015) won an Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay.
10. Hollywood theory is dedicated to him. Pitt waited so long for an Oscar that a theory called the Pitt-Hanks continuum appeared in Hollywood. According to this theory, all actors are divided into two types: Pitt and Hanks. The more an actor looks like Pitt, the less likely he is to receive the award, despite his brilliant acting. Actors like Tom Hanks receive the award for their first successful work. This is due to the fact that academics give preference to performers portraying gays, people with disabilities and mental problems on screens. Only true fans know how many years Brad Pitt had to wait for an award to refute the theory.
If you’re interested in learning even more facts about the actor, read Brad Pitt’s full biography on our website.